Upper Back Pain Treatments
The thoracic part of our body is important for it protects vital organs. That is why when we feel pain in the area; it is just proper that we seek for remedy to improve its condition. More often, medical experts would only recommend you with a combination of physical treatment and some medication when pain makes it hard for the person to perform the treatment. Solutions are commonly non-surgical.
- Physical treatment
- Acupuncture has been known as an early medical procedure done by Chinese wherein needles are inserted in certain points that is said to create an effect to relieve the pain an individual is experiencing.
- Exercise to strengthen or stretch muscles (Pilates). More than just helping the whole body to maintain being health and functioning well. Exercise could also contribute in making your upper back strong to carry out its job to support the body. Stretching the muscles would make it stronger and able to perform tasks easily without resulting to pain that is commonly felt by one who lacks exercise.
- Massage as we all know is a good way to relax. It helps to remove tension that muscles feel and stress caused by our busy life. In return, pain is also lessened
- Chiropractic/ Physical Therapist Treatment – certain conditions would require you to undergo treatments done by chiropractors and physical therapists. The treatments done by these experts aim to manipulate joints to function properly.
- Hot or Cold Treatment – compress to relax the muscle. It is up to the person suffering from the pain whether to use hot or cold one.
- Medications such analgesics and anti-inflammatory relieves the pain.
- Herbal Remedies
- Practice proper posture
- Get the right support for your back to reduce the exertion that it needs to do to pull your body’s weight.
- Surgery is always the last option in healing upper back pain since most of it can be easily remedied with the use of the previous solutions mentioned. Surgery is only done during instances that the pain did not diminish after exhausting all the solutions. This is especially true when the problem is caused by herniated disc.
Now that you have a better understanding on the upper back pain causes, it would be easier for you to determine what is causing your problem and find the right solution. Just always remember that before taking actions, especially if pain is severe, turn to the help of experts.